Thursday, November 12, 2009


The other day I was reading a NYT article about crazy mothers who spend too much time making bentos for their children and how competitive this gets. But did I say "Oh god poor kids! Poor women,"? NO. Instead, I thought "I should make Bentos!"
So I have for the last two weeks. SO here is my latest not-dissertation activity. This is Hugo's because I didn't take a picture of mine and am too embarrassed to take a photo of it in the coffee shop.
In his bento: whole grain rice with black sesame; pesto stuffed mushrooms (basil from my garden) mini chicken pot pie (use muffin tins to make) lettuce (from garden) with sprouted mix greens and sun-dried tomatoes. Sugar snap peas (probably the last from our garden. Purple cauliflower and I forget what its called broccoli sauteed with mustard seeds and ume salt and grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment