Monday, December 14, 2009


Long Puffy Coat I love you


It's been so cold. I really hate cold weather. I didn't know why? Was it that I was conceived in Panama and spent the first 12 years of my life in places where there was no snow? Was it genetic?

No. Lat year I figured it out. I was wearing the wrong clothes. Last year I bought my first puffy coat. Yes its ugly--but I didn't know that you could be warm in the winter. I didn't understand the difference that long silk underwear knee length leather boots lined with thinsulate and a puffy coat could make.
Do I love winter? Well no. Not yet.
But it is a yet.
Now that I'm warm I find the brownish grey of the tree trunks agianst the pale grey blue of the sky beautiful. I appreciate November light. And snow? Well, does anyone like snow in NYC? I doubt it; before we cn get used to it turns into a gray ice or slush. But I am trying to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment