Monday, January 04, 2010

Kala Vs. Fred



We have two new electrodomesticos in our household: a vacuum cleaner and a humidifier. Appliances would perhaps be the English equivalent, but I am not sure a humidifier is an appliance. To say that they are electronics makes them sound more technical than they are.

Both are pretty. I have to some extent chosen form over function. But I have been pleasantly surprised that I am not feeling any of the ramifications of the choice. Could it be that form has followed function in this instance?

I can't recommend the vacuum enough. It is always charged, has no cords and no attachments to fiddle with Simple and nice. It's called the Kone-- my only complaint about it is the cutesy spelling of its name. It's the perfect supplement to our roomba as the kone will clean sofas and those places the roomba can't reach.


BUt more fun is Fred, our humidifier. It's easy to see why they gave it a human name it has a sort of anthropomorphic feel even though it looks more like a fifties flying saucer. Our Fred is red, and more importantly has cured me of my painfully dry eyes and itchy skin. One added plus is that Fred entertains our cat Kala.

No comments:

Post a Comment